- Most Nigerians have been confusing theirselves with Akindele Olufunke Ayotunde’s background (biography). For this particular reason, I became so hell bent on writing her true life story.
- Funke Akindele well known as Jenifa was born on the 24th of august, 1976.(age 39).Ikorodu,Lagos State,Nigeria.She was the second of the children her parents had.Her father is a retired school principal and her mother is a medical doctor.The first education in her life was at Calabar where her biological father resides.
- Although,it was challenging for her as lady.But she kept on striving and till she obtained an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Mass Communication from the former Ogun State Polytechnic.She also got a Degree in Law from the university of lagos Akobo, Yaba.She worked in television before a thought diversifying into cinema came to her mind. And she became known for her starting role in the family Oriented Nigerian Television show “I NEED TO KNOW”.
- She is now a writer, a producer and an actress which I must say is a lot of hard if vibed critically.She has a Tv series titled Jenifa’s diary which is now on everybody’s mind to an extent that I checked my friends phone and everything there was jenifa’s diary series nothing else when I mean nothing else I meant not even an app is there only the ones that was programmed on the phone was available.And I was like Wow!!!!!.
- In 2009, she won the Africa Movie Academy Award for the best actress in a leading role. She runs a Non- Governmental Organisation(NGO) known as the JENIFA FOUNDATION, whose main target was nurturing talents and acquiring vocational skills.And the best part of it is that she has over 100 movies to her credit.she has also been endorsed by many companies like :-1969bet, GLO,Mouka foam ……